Twitter

Monday, August 19, 2013

"No Call, No Show"

When I first started working I kept hearing the managers use the term, "no call, no show."  I remember thinking to myself what the heck is that?  I came to learn that it described the slackers that I worked with that forgot they were supposed to be at work, or they were still hung over from the binger from the night before.  It's still kind of a foreign concept to me considering in my family if you're going to be more then 15 minutes late you call or send a txt message.

"Generally" speaking, (Steph said I couldn't stereotype everyone) this region of the world has a lot of "no call, no shows" too.  It's not normal for people to arrive at the agreed upon time, nor within the 15 minute un-written window of grace.  Shoot, it's normal to not show up at all.  The funny thing is the next time you see the person you may or may not get an excuse as to their absence.

I was waiting on someone the other day that was 30 minutes late.  Steph made the comment, "we'll I guess he's not coming."  To which I reminded her the last time we were supposed to meet he was almost an hour and a half late, so who knows!

Interesting to say the least, trying to make and keep a schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment