Twitter

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Language #3 (this does require viewer feedback)

So it looks like Russian is going to be the third language we study.  In an effort to get a jump start on the language, I am considering purchasing a software package such as Rosetta Stone or Pimsleur.

  • Does anyone have any experience with either of these products?
  • Do you know anyone (other than the FBI, NASA, and whoever else Rosetta tries to impress you with) who has used the software?
  • Do you know where we can get an affordable (yet, not bootlegged) version?

2 comments:

  1. No experience, just lots of sympathy. It took me 9 years to get a decent grasp on Spanish - which is one of the easiest languages. English is so difficult and screwy it makes any language hard to translate in to. I've heard that until you can get your mind to think in the new language you're speaking, you'll always be translating in your head as you're trying to speak, which obviously is much more difficult.

    As far as a source, do they have Craig's List there? ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your note, is this Sarah or Scott? I was impressed when I would listen to Scott talk to the Amigos in Spanish. They do have craigslist, but it hasn't caught on like in the states. Mostly people are posting apartment rentals and trying to sell motorcycles--and really expensive shoes (don't tell Steph).

    ReplyDelete