Twitter

Sunday, November 4, 2012

кислого молока…translated: Sour Milk

Stephanie had a "bloggable" moment the other day.  On our way to the bus stop, in route to the metro we have to cross a very busy street.  There's a crosswalk with a timed light, but that doesn't always stop the traffic, as some of the cars just zoom through.  You definitely want to make sure that you are on the sidewalk when the light changes, because once it turns green, it's off to the races!

To paint the picture, it was a cold, rainy and snowy day.  I was carrying Veta and Stephanie was following behind.  Just as she made it to the curb the light changed and one of the cars "dropped the hammer" (that's putting your foot into the accelerator for those of you who don't follow Nascar).  Right at the same moment I heard the engine roar, I heard a big boom, and then a scream.  As I turned around I saw Stephanie wiping her face and something dripping from her hair.  It was MILK.  The car drove over a liter of milk that was laying in the street and blew it all over her.  As stephanie turned around I saw the rest of the mess.  Her jacket was covered in milk.  It was all in her hair, all over her face and dripping down her legs.  To top it off, Stephanie with her super sensitive "Rin tin tin" nose (pregnancy senses) realized that it was SOUR!

We just turned around and went home.  We had to put the jacket out on the porch because it smelled so bad.  As Veta would say, "Sick!"

No comments:

Post a Comment