Twitter

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Eventful day: 1 burned out regulator box, Adam got shocked by 220v, and "Gun shots rung out like a bell" in the bathroom!

Since we don't talk about business on this blog, we have decided to bring you along for all of the adventures that we are experiencing learning to live and adapt in a 3rd world country.

Today was one of those interesting days... The regulator box that I mentioned in the first blog, the one that is supposed to keep our electric current normal-- yeah we smoked it.  Apparently even devices that should be used to taking extreme voltage (260v+) give up.  While I was trying to disconnect and reconnect the wires ever so delicately (kind of like playing that game operation in the dark), my watch touched the box and dang son, I felt it!  To be honest with you it wasn't as bad as i thought it would be, but it did tingle for about 15 minutes afterward.  We went without power for a while and then ended up getting a new box the next day.  

For those of you who are wondering what Vanilla Ice had to do with our day, this is the deal-e-o.  We always leave a lighter on the top of the Hammam (hot water cylinder/ wanna be water heater).  I never thought twice about this habit until last night.  I was sitting on the toilet studying my language note cards and all of the sudden, BOOM!!! I'm serious, it made me cower down a little bit.  I thought it was a gun shot it was so loud.  Stephanie came running out asking me if I was ok.  That's when we realized that the heat had melted the lighter and ignited the butane in the lighter.  We're still picking shrapnel out of the walls :)  

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete