Twitter

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Why you shouldn't txt in class!

I normally don't check my phone during class, but I received a call and a txt right in a row and wanted to make sure that everything was ok.  I waited until the teacher turned her back and I pulled my phone of my pocket and proceeded to read it under the desk.  Almost immediately after I started reading, she asked me a question from the book.  Keep in mind the question flung at me was in 100 MPH Russian, I must have looked like a deer in headlights trying to translate the question in my mind.  I finally gave up and admitted that I was not paying attention because I was txting.  Trying to justify my lack of interest, I told her in Russian that I was reading a txt from my HUSBAND!  I didn't even hardly finish the sentence before everyone was laughing! Dang!  When I screw up in language, I do it royally.

Lessons learned today:

  1. Don't txt in class.
  2. If you're a man, remove the word "husband" from your vocabulary so that it doesn't get used in the wrong context.
-ABC

No comments:

Post a Comment