Twitter

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Never a dull moment with me around

After getting in a taxi today, I went through the normal routine of greeting the driver, telling him where to go, and asking him how he was doing.  To which he replied, "sizin Turkje çok güzel."  I thought he was asking me how I liked Turkey, to which I responded (with an Italian hand gesture) "çok, çok güzel." Which means very, very good.  Then I heard some laughing in the back from Stephanie.  She asked me if I knew what was just said.  She informed me that the driver originally said that my Turkish was very good, to which I replied, "yes it is, very, very good!"

We all got a good laugh out of it, even the driver--he still said my Turkish was good, but we all know he was trying to be nice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment