Twitter

Sunday, January 22, 2012

What happens in Central Asia STAYS in Central Asia.

The last three months I have witnessed the "closeness" that male friends have for each other over here.  It's not un-common to see two men walking arm-in-arm or standing with their arms around each other.  I admit, I was a little fearful.

And then it happened...I felt like I was in my very own Seinfeld episode.  We were walking to the market and before I could process what was happening, I was locked arm-and-arm with one of my buddies.  There we were parading down the middle of the street in plain sight of everyone...connected.

There's bound to be a positive cultural conclusion to be made about this...right?

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now there's a visual!! I was truly LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where's the picture for this post?
    We need a visual.
    Scott said he can't wait for your return visit for a stroll around campus like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For some reason I don't think he said this. I know him better than that. Were talking about the person who would get weirded out when I would give him hugs. He's all guns and Camo, no manly physical touch :)

    ReplyDelete